Describe someone who has had an important influence on your life (Topic 3)

Describe someone who has had an important influence on your life.
You should say:
  • Who the person is
  • How long you have known him/her
  • What qualities this person has
Explain why they have had such an influence on you  
The person I’m going to talk about today is my teacher from high school. (who) Her name was Miss Chadwick and she taught quite a few subjects at the school. She had been working there for quite a few years when I met her I think. (where) We met for the first time in my English class. (more about ‘who’) I remember this well because she was quite young compared to most of the other teachers in the school so I was surprised that she was a teacher! In fact she looked more like she could be one of the older students!
(How long) So I met her when I was 15, and that was 10 years ago. I don’t actually know her anymore as we lost contact soon after I left the school, but I still remember her very well for several reasons. (What qualities) Firstly, she was very kind. She always treated all the students very well in the class, and I can’t remember her ever shouting at anyone. Also, she had a really good sense of humour. She would make jokes in the class which most of the other teachers never did. The other teachers were very serious all the time. And she made the classes a lot of fun and very interesting, something that I think is very important otherwise you start to get bored. Oh, and also she explained things very well and very clearly. Often teachers are not able to do this in a way that students can understand, especially when it's complicated subjects.
So those are the qualities that she had. (why such an influence) The reason she had such an important influence on me is because I was quite a shy person at school and not very confident, but she helped me to change this. (tell a story) Each year, there was a school play that would be held in front of all the parents, and that year, when I was 15, Miss Chadwick was organizing and directing the play. I really didn't want to be in it because I was so shy, but Miss Chadwick insisted that I take one of the roles, and it was one of the main roles which meant that I would have to do a lot of speaking! I was so nervous. Anyway, I went ahead and did it, and on the night I did really well and really enjoyed it. And that really boosted my confidence and this has helped me to this day.
So my teacher Miss Chadwick is the person who has influenced my life and I will never forget her.



Model Answer 1: 
In my life, there are several persons in my family members who made unmatched contributions to help me go ahead and among them my father’s contribution is unforgettable. He is the person whom I love most in this world and I consider him to be a perfect human being with his uncompromised honesty, bravery and responsibility. 
I know my father from the very beginning of my life as he is the person who brought me in this world. From my childhood, he has raised me with his love, affection and mentorship. He taught me about the world, people and values. He helped me on my education and has devoted his life to properly raise me. 
My father is an exemplary person who has led an honest life. As a high ranking government officer, he had many chances to pile up the riches but he had always known what the right things to do. The basic of humanity and the importance of education were something he delivered to me. He is now a retired person and leads his serene and peaceful like with contentment and happiness. He was a brave person who never feared the rough power of the society.
As a father, I would say he has done everything humanly possible to raise me and my 3 other siblings. He spent his entire earning for our happiness and necessity while he went through hardship. I learned the true meaning of life and started achieving some of the qualities he has. The person who I am now is mostly because of my father's devotion and dedication. To me, he is an ideal person whom I often mimic and consider as my idle in my life.

Model Answer 2: 

My older sister always is important person who influence on my life. When we were young, she supported for me everything. She helped me to my parent didn't scold me when I missed my exam or did some stupid thing. I had better condition to learning than my sister. So my math were good. My family always proud of my success. Everyone thought I would easy to pass university. But I failed that exam. I were so sad and felt lack of confident ( no confident). That is definitely difficult time with me. My parent were disappointed in me. Because They felt ashamed with our neighbor and their colleagues. I didn't anything. But my sister, my savior always be by my side. She encouraged me and showed that way how I could over come. She said '' Hey young boy! You can do it. I always believe in you and pound of you. In our life, we always have to pass something like your situation. If you don't try again, You future will turn other way. I think you should having time to relax and then you should calm down and think. That is why you had bad math in the exam. After that you will find exactly way to do. I always believe in you''. When I heard that, I cried. But my heart became warm. I promised with her that I could. During time after that, I tried to review my knowledge and learned more.And my savior always took care me, she still encouraged me when I up set. Luckly, I went to HaNoi university of tech. When I grow up, I don't talk more with me. She just look at me and she understand my emotion. That mean she know I happy or tired. She like a rock with me. I known She always stay with me, always already to help me. But I just hope she always happy with her husband and her family. We would like to become kind people that mean we can make my parent pound of us.

Similar Cue Card Topics

  1. Describe a person who has a great impression on you.
  2. Describe a person you really admire.
  3. Describe one of your family members.
  4. Describe someone who has an inspiring quality.
  5. Describe someone who has helped you.

Comments

  1. I will hack your computer!!!
    Because I am Anonymous - one of the most popular hackers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts